Gift Card Program
- Keeps consumers shopping in their establishment
- Gift card programs are easily managed
- Increased cash flow
- Accurate and secure
- Eliminates fraud, abuse and forgery
- Has no value until activated by an authorized employee
- Easy to promote at POS, allowing for suggestive selling and spur of the moment purchases
- Funds received on gift cards can be placed in interest bearing accounts
- Seriously reduces accounting and administrative headaches of manual paper systems
- Acts as a “mini billboard” in your customers wallet
Gift card programs can improve your customer loyalty and increase your profits. You can customize your program with standard denominations for every card or varying amounts. Cards hold no cash value until activated at a register, virtually eliminating the threat of theft. This allows cashiers to emphasize your gift card program with cards on hand in front of registers.
When a customer makes purchases using a gift card, the cash value will decrease until they have spent the amount of the card value. You can further customize your gift card program by making gift cards reusable and rechargeable in-store or online.
Consumer surveys show that more than half of all gift card holders will make two or more trips to a store to use up the cash value on their gift cards. More than one in ten customers will not use up the entire value of their gift card. Many customers will use up the value on their card and spend additional money at your store during the same visit.
Why Consumers Love Gift Cards
- High-tech, upscale form of payment
- No manual handling of paper
- Convenient and fun
- Allows specific benefits
- Great for co-workers, teachers, kids or service personnel